Mid-West Mommy

My life as a mother, a wife, a farmer's daughter and a caretaker for my aging grandparents and the effects of Type One Diabetes on three generations of a Midwestern family.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Oh the Presidential Debate... *sigh*

In talking to my mother today, I found out that my parents spend about $2300 every month for their health insurance and prescription medications. My mom has a pace maker and my dad is a Type I diabetic like me.

John McCain wants to give them a $5000 refund to cover their health insurance costs.

That would get them through February every year. What are they supposed to do with the other 10 months of the year?

I want someone to explain to me why the government needs to hand out all this money that our country does not have to these companies.

Of course, I am not really worried about any of my own assets. I have already lost my house to this economy. I am one of those people who just moved out, locked their house, and walked away because we just couldn't pay the bills. I was without health insurance for 6 months. Living with diabetes and a small child it was terrifying. I have to spend about $500 a month on groceries now and we don't even have to buy meat. I live with my grandparents rent free and we still can't get our bills paid.

I don't even have one house anymore and John McCain has seven.

I am going to do the only thing that I can to make my situation better. I am voting for Barak Obama.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home